Beauty

Top 5 Spring Beauty Essentials – 2015 Edition

It is Spring again and I am delighted to share with you my Top 5 Spring 2015 Beauty Essentials – following the success of this series launched last year (you can see my suggestions for Summer, Autumn and Winter 2014), not only with my female readers (apparently many of my male readers surprised the ladies in their lives a little bit)!

What have I been using lately? Sticking to my old favourites, but adding some new!

Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream

Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 14.25.43

The Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream was discovered on BA’s inflight magazine and I have to say, it is outstanding. I thought the packing was a tiny bit dodgy, but if it made it to their selection, there had to be something special about it. It is great for feet, hands, lips, face and elbows – and it is not liquid, and perfect to travel with. When my friend Kim (a New York-based make up artist) gave her blessing (‘I use it for years and for everything’), I knew I was on to something. Cost: £21.70 from Amazon (Prime delivery included)

Percy & Reed Invisible Dry Shampoo

71445fqyqaL._SL1500_I have been using Percy & Reed’s hair care range for a good 3 years now and I love their Dry shampoo and conditioner products. For those of you who have used dry shampoo before, there is always a bit of residue, which does not happen with Percy & Reed Radiance Revealing Invisible Dry Shampoo. I love it! Cost: £12.00 from Amazon (Prime delivery included)

RITUALS Happy Buddha Shower Foam

71lLvvtm5uL._SL1500_I usually stock up on RITUALS’ products when I go to Portugal and Spain, and the foaming shower gel is really one of our favourites – I love the texture and the smell. I have recently purchased (and loved) the RITUALS Happy Buddha Shower Foam, which is finally available with one click. Cost: £8.50 from Amazon (Prime delivery included)

Eyeko Me and My Shadow

61VCa-1BmpL._SL1500_

Love smokey eyes? And the easiest way to make the magic happen? Alexa Chung’s eye range for Eyeko was also a recent discovery (again, same inflight magazine, for real!) and I was impressed with how easy it was to use. The Eyeko Me and My Shadow comes in 3 shadows and works a treat. Cost: £15.00 from Amazon (Prime delivery included)

Miller Harris Citron Perfume

711y7Bcd9oL._SL1500_I have never gone wrong with Miller Harris and if you like citrusy smells, you will love the Miller Harris Citron Citron Eau de Parfum. This range has other fragrances, which are pretty good (I also loved the Pamplemousse scent). Cost: £64.00 for 50ml  from Amazon (Prime delivery included).

Which products are you using right now and love? Let me know!

Article was posted on

1. Elaine Lamb

May 5, 2015 at 12:15 am

Have always loved the Egyptian Magic! Read so much about it years ago and was on a mission looking for it at Liberty’s London. Many Hollywood stars apparently swear by it too. I swear by dry shampoos and Percy and Reed has also been my go to favourite, including their ‘Eau my Goodness’

May 6, 2015 at 1:18 pm

I need to try the Eau my Goodness – I love the name!! And Egyptian magic is, indeed, magic!

2. Kiera Reilly

April 2, 2015 at 6:11 pm

I must try this Egyptian potion after your glowing review and attempts to find it. Also curious about the dry shampoo. I am always inept at using ones with a spray and gave up. Might give this one a shot. I love citrus-y scents too – am partial to Jo Malone Grapefruit.
    Kiera Reilly recently posted..#FriFotos Revisits NightMy Profile

April 2, 2015 at 11:09 pm

It is USA produced so may be easier for you to find it! Amazon now has it, so easier for us – but yesterday it sold out! This dry shampoo is phenomenal – worth a try! And the perfume… delicious!

3. the lazy travelers

April 2, 2015 at 10:46 am

first of all, i’m definitely getting the percy & reed shampoo, you convinced me.

second of all, i’ve been seeing this egyptian magic cream everywhere, usually alongside the aztec secret indian healing clay… which has equally as janky a label. is this going to be a trend? make it look dodgy as hell so everyone thinks they’re in on some secret?
    the lazy travelers recently posted..the lazy girl’s guide to northern ireland // roadtrip editionMy Profile

April 2, 2015 at 11:01 am

I think that is what it is… and it is US produced… but it is good!

4. Hatice

April 1, 2015 at 4:06 pm

I always try to use cosmetics which don’t include any harmful protectors in them. Thanks to your post, i see that this Egyptian cream does not seem to iclude anything chemicals… i am definitely going to try it.

5. Becky Padmore

March 31, 2015 at 5:45 pm

I’ve got to get myself some of that Egyptian stuff I’m hearing about it a lot recently!
    Becky Padmore recently posted..Brunei – a stay in one of the world’s richest countriesMy Profile

6. Suze The Luxury Columnist

March 31, 2015 at 4:34 pm

I’d definitely try the Percy & Reed shampoo and I love Miller Harris
    Suze The Luxury Columnist recently posted..One Aldwych – The Perfect Place for a Luxury London WeekendMy Profile

April 2, 2015 at 11:16 am

I have been using the non invisible one for years and love it. The dry conditioner is also great as it gives a bit of volume.

7. Jo Smith

March 30, 2015 at 6:35 pm

The Egyptian cream is AMAZING. I bought it a while ago in the USA and as you said, you only need this when you travel (and at home). I love Miller Harris too! And I am going to try the dry shampoo, haven’t found a good one yet.

March 31, 2015 at 3:40 pm

The magic cream indeed! Can swear by the shampoo – it is really something and smells divine!

8. Kim-Marie Evans

March 30, 2015 at 6:35 pm

Love Miller Harris-I need to try this one.
    Kim-Marie Evans recently posted..Skiing and Playing in Whistler B.C. – Four Seasons Whistler ReviewedMy Profile

9. Teresa

March 30, 2015 at 6:34 pm

GREAT list!!! I am trying the first 3. The cream does look super dodgy but if it made it to the BA magazine…

March 31, 2015 at 3:40 pm

It has some really bad packaging and does not look lux at all – but it is fab! And at £25 it should be!