Mix up a few ingredients, carefully, of course, and you may be up for moments of happiness. I love cocktails and am frequently asked which are my favourites. I cannot answer that – it would be like asking a mother to choose their favourite child – so for this article, I chose 10 Cocktails from around the world. (The photos aren’t great – look at the date of this post!)
Travel for me is all about the memories – the times shared with friends and family. Meeting for drinks is one of my favourite past times – and one I am particularly good at.
1. Mango and ginger Mojitos in the Maldives – perfect to watch the sunset.
2. Punch in London – going back in time is not a bad thing.
3. A Kir Royale with a view in France. Because one needs to rest after skiing.
4. The perfect Gin & Tonic in Madrid. Because Gin tastes better in Spain (the glasses must have something to do with it).
5. A very dirty martini in Beverly Hills. Where were you all my life?
6. The first summer Pimms of the season, at home in Henley on Thames. British summer in a glass.
7. A mango margarita in Mexico. The juice was freshly squeezed, which makes it count towards your 5-a-day, for sure.
8. Lychee caipirinhas in the Maldives. Possibly the best drink ever.
9. A glass of Taittinger on board. Because you know it will be a great flight.
(2019 EDIT: BA no longer serves Taittinger champagne. What a shame)
10. Vermouth at 11.30 am in Madrid. Would be rude not to partake in a national pastime.
Based on the memories, and the moments around each cocktail, I cannot help but smile – life is to be enjoyed with people you love and make you happy.
Which shared moment comes to your mind? And where? Would love to know!