An Aperol Spritz is nothing new (and a cocktail I do enjoy every now and then), but recently I heard about a cocktail I knew I would love from the moment I first heard its name: a limoncello spritz. So I am going to be very nice and share this very easy limoncello spritz recipe with you all!
I happened to be at Finca Cortesin again when I first heard of it and challenged Danielle, the head barman to give it a go and I have to say – I loved his version of the Limoncello Spritz.
Limoncello Spritz Recipe
- Champagne or Prosecco (Danielle chose one of my favourite Taittinger non vintage cuvees, Les Folies de la Marquetterie). Obviously it will work with the NV or any good prosecco.
- Limoncello (I do not drink enough Limoncello to have a preferred brand)
- Soda Water
- Lemon slice or twist
Follow the normal Aperol Spritz recipe, replacing Aperol with Limoncello, which is as follows:
- Fill up your glass with ice
- Add equal parts of your sparkling wine of choice and limoncello (75ml for example)
- Add a splash of soda to top up
- Garnish with lemon slice
Some people use a different ratio – of 50ml of Limoncello (or Aperol) to 100ml of sparkling wine, so see how you like it.
Cin Cin, as they say in Italy! (Click here to book Finca Cortesin).
Pin for later