An Aperol Spritz is nothing new (and a cocktail I do enjoy every now and then), but recently I heard about a cocktail I knew I would love from the moment I first heard its name: a limoncello spritz. So I am going to be very nice and share this very easy limoncello spritz recipe with you all!
I happened to be at Finca Cortesin again (my 6th visit!) when I first heard of it and challenged Danielle, the head barman to give it a go and I have to say – I loved his version of the Limoncello Spritz.
Limoncello Spritz Recipe
- Champagne or Prosecco (Danielle chose one of my favourite Taittinger non vintage cuvees, Les Folies de la Marquetterie). Obviously it will work with the NV or any good prosecco.
- Limoncello (I do not drink enough Limoncello to have a preferred brand)
- Soda Water
- Lemon slice or twist
Follow the normal Aperol Spritz recipe, replacing Aperol with Limoncello, which is as follows:
- Fill up your glass with ice
- Add equal parts of your sparkling wine of choice and limoncello (75ml for example)
- Add a splash of soda to top up
- Garnish with lemon slice
Some people use a different ratio – of 50ml of Limoncello (or Aperol) to 100ml of sparkling wine, so see how you like it.
Cin Cin, as they say in Italy!
Pin for later