Oh no, it is not a rumour – it is true! Thanks to Starwood Hotels & Resorts in Portugal, one incredibly lucky reader will win the ultimate luxury holiday in Portugal.
Great weather, incredible food, lovely people and quite pleasant on the eye, Portugal is my home country, and one thing I like doing is taking advantage of my little blog and showcasing it to the world: it is one of my favourite places ever, and I promise you I have been around!
So what is the super prize? It is not a short break, it is 10 nights – yes, TEN nights – at some of the best hotels in Portugal, which should give you plenty of time to relax and fall in love with this part of the world.
The prize includes the following:
– 2 nights at the Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa, a modern wonder of marble, wood, steel, and glass. Porto is, as you know, the home of Port Wine and Portugal’s second largest city, located in the north. Read about my latest visit to this part of the world, right here.
– 2 nights at the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, which is a Lisbon landmark and the tallest building in the city. The hotel where everyone knows my name! For some ideas of what to do in Lisbon, just click here.
– 2 nights at the Convento do Espinheiro, a Luxury Collection Hotel – the perfect location to unwind and discover one of Portugal’s best winemaking regions. Located between Lisbon and the Algarve, it is one of my happy places. Read about my annual pilgrimage to this part of the world, just here.
– 2 nights at the Le Meridien Penina, in Alvor, Algarve – undoubtedly, one of my favourite beaches in Southern Portugal. Not far from the quaint Alvor town and amazing beach. Penina is also one of Portugal’s best golf resorts.
– 2 nights at the Sheraton Algarve, a Luxury Collection Hotel – a hotel I insist on visiting every year for some TLC, peace, quiet and incredible ocean views. Find out why the Sheraton Algarve is a must go and part of my pre-nuptial agreement with Mr. O.
Also included in this prize, provided by Starwood Hotels and Resorts is, in each property:
– 1 dinner for 2 at each hotel (excluding beverages), and a voucher for one after dinner drink per person per stay.
– 50% discount on SPA treatments in Porto, Lisbon and Évora and, in the case of the Algarve properties, on normal green fee rates, subject to availability.
So what do you think? I have stayed in each hotel more than 4 times each, and have passed double-digits in one of them (you can guess which one). I like them so much, I really want the lucky winner to enjoy this incredible holiday in true style.
There is “no order” in which the trip has to be taken – it is totally up to the winner. You can go back and forth to one place, start north and head south, whatever you prefer. This prize is valid until 31st December 2013 and excludes the period between July 15th and September 15th 2013.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. The lucky winner has been contacted and will be on her way to Portugal shortly!